Facewatch, which is used by the Police, Business Crime Reduction Partnerships, Business Improvement Districts, shopping centres and retailers across the capital, has been proved to reduce crime* by improving detection and conviction rates and acting as a strong deterrent to would-be thieves and shoplifters. Facewatch also saves the Police and shop staff considerable time by offering a rapid and customer focused response to any incident.
Facewatch is a proven internet based system which by empowering business owners to work in partnership with the Police allows crimes to be reported quicker, with the correct evidential information and witness statements, enabling the Police to start investigations immediately and enabling the business owner to proactively help the victim.
Details of the crime are entered into the Facewatch system via any Internet connected device and a crime investigation number is immediately provided to the victim. The business owner is then able to upload moving and still images from his CCTV cameras which may be used in court as evidence. Further services such as payment card cancellation is provided free of charge to a victim who will also receive regular updates by email on the progress of the police investigation.
Ladbrokes, one of the UKs leading bookmakers, provide a relaxed and entertaining environment for their customers and see the use of Facewatch as immediately contributing to creating an even more secure and safe experience for their customers and staff.
Richard Royal, Public Affairs Manager at Ladbrokes said: “The safety and security of our customers and staff is paramount and we’re delighted to add another crime-fighting tool to our excellent procedures, which already includes a 24/7 manned security room and the best CCTV in the business. Ladbrokes is glad to be at the forefront of cutting edge innovative technological solutions to problems which affect the whole community.”
Simon Gordon, Chairman and founder of Facewatch Ltd, added, “We look forward to working closely with Ladbrokes’ in this ground breaking pilot. Facewatch is the perfect solution in this environment as it provides immediate benefits for customers and staff whilst ensuring rapid and accurate uploading of all crime information and allows all shops to share information and images of persistent offenders”.
Philip Davies MP, the Chair of the All Party Parliamentary Betting and Gaming group commented:
“I am happy to support this highly innovative crime reduction initiative which uses the Internet to assist bookmakers across the UK to provide an even safer and more secure environment for their customers and staff. Facewatch allows bookmakers to directly upload crime incident reports and CCTV film and images directly to the Police and to share images of repeat offenders with partner organisations”.
* Met Police figures based on pilot 2011:
Time saved per crime reported through Facewatch – 2 hours
Detection rate 8.8% vs 5.1% - an increase of 73%
Circulation of CCTV images - 2 weeks faster than normal
Personal theft, shoplifting and other low level crimes such as vandalism are expensive problems for business owners, the police and the public. Facewatch is a proven internet based system which by empowering business owners to work in partnership with the Police allows crimes to be reported quicker, with the correct evidential information and witness statements, enabling the Police to start investigations immediately and enabling the business owner to proactively help the victim.
• Window stickers act as a powerful deterrent to would-be offenders
• Strong emphasis on preventing and detecting prolific offenders
• Online crime reporting using any device with an internet browser
• No special equipment required – a computer with broadband access is all you need
• Works with any existing CCTV system or even without CCTV for reporting only
• Perfect for shops, licensed premises, hotels and all CCTV monitored premises
• Image sharing in groups such as Pubwatches, Shopwatches, BIDs, shopping centres, high streets, retail chains and larger retail groups
• Direct link to local Police forces and appropriate officers – Police update the crime status throughout the investigation and can use the system for secure messaging between the business and case officers which remains on the case file
• Creation of posters showing images of banned or suspect persons for use by staff
• Full statistical analysis with key performance indicators showing Police status and success rates in solving the crimes
• Fully supported by the Police and the only system to be accredited by ACPO ‘Secured by Design’.
• Creation of full evidential pack including automatic witness statements and crime reference online by the business user
• Free cancellation of victims credit and debit cards by CPP’s Card Protection
• Victim and business updated by Police on progress of crime investigation by email
• Training and communications pack for business users
• Improvement in customer care
Facewatch systems accreditations:
ACPO – Secured by design (Association of chief Police officers)
ICO – Working with Information Commissioners Office
Data Sharing Protocol: Approved by ACPO lead on CCTV
CPPGroup Plc (CPP) - Card Protection, Free cancellation and reissue of payment cards