Welcome to the
Doktor Jon does his bit to help
It has come as something of a shock to discover that here in the U.K., most serving officers are given hardly any specific training on video surveillance, and some of the information imparted by their betters, is just simply not true. Which is a shame when you consider that apart from CCTV installers, no other group comes in contact with video imaging equipment as often, nor has a greater need for the benefits of well designed and installed systems.
To help address this situation, Doktor Jon has decided to put togethor a brief guide on CCTV, otherwise known as everything you might practically want to know, but didn't know who the heck to ask!
2) Background to using CCTV as a tool for deterrence and detection
4) The commercial and public area use of CCTV
5) The domestic use of CCTV
6) Basic technical advice for positioning cameras
7) Things you need to know about recording images
8) What's the hidden secret in using 'covert' cameras?
9) A basic check list of do's and don'ts
- Under Development -
If you have any comments or suggestions, please do not hesitate to drop a line to:- info[at]doktorjon.co.uk
IMPORTANT: No material may be reproduced, copied or redistributed from this site,
© doktorjon.co.uk 2004 - 2008