Please Note - Doktor Jon is currently upgrading his site, so you may see some layout changes on various pages, whilst the work is in progress.
Hopefully, the complete re-design and improvements, should be completed during 2012.
IMPORTANT: No material may be reproduced, copied or redistributed from this site, without the express written consent of doktorjon.co.uk
All the detailed information on this site is provided in good faith; and as such, Doktor Jon does not accept responsibility for any consequential loss, injury or disadvantage resulting from any individual or organisation acting on the details contained herein.
© doktorjon.co.uk 2004 - 2012
Avigilon Enhances Leading 1 and 2 Megapixel Cameras
Best-selling cameras get performance boost from next-generation H.264 platform
VANCOUVER, CANADA – June 7, 2012 – Avigilon (TSX: AVO), a leader in high-definition (HD) and megapixel video surveillance solutions, today announced further expansion to its next-generation H.264 camera technology, the H3 platform with enhanced High-Definition Stream Management™ (HDSM).
Joining the 3 megapixel (MP), 5 MP and Pan-Tilt-Zoom (PTZ) cameras in the H3 product portfolio are the best-selling 1 and 2 MP cameras. Staying consistent with the H3 line, the 1 MP and 2 MP form factors require four times less bandwidth in challenging lighting conditions than previous generations of H.264 cameras by taking full advantage of Avigilon’s innovative HDSM technology.
Popular for their wide variety of applications, the enhanced 1 and 2 MP cameras will come in dome and box-body form factors. The remote focus and zoom, and integrated 3-9mm F1.2 lens with P-Iris support allow for ease of installation and maximum image clarity.
“At Avigilon we provide solutions for all types of businesses, from convenience stores to casinos, to protect their assets,” said Keith Marett, vice president of marketing and communications of Avigilon. “With the enhancements that the H3 platform brings our 1 and 2 MP cameras will provide even greater bandwidth and storage cost savings for our customers.”
Avigilon’s 1 and 2 MP cameras on the H3 platform deliver the following features and benefits:
• Enhanced High-Definition Stream Management™ allows for expanded multi-streaming for efficient playback on the Avigilon Control Center software;
• Records high-definition video at 30 images per second
• Advanced data aging reduces long-term archival storage requirements up to 20 times;
• Improved low-light image performance provides superior images at night;
• Remote focus and zoom for maximum image clarity and ease of installation;
• Integrated 3-9mm F1.2 lens with P-Iris support maximizes image quality by allowing the camera to manage auto-iris positioning;
• Open ONVIF compliance to provide support in leading video management systems; Image transmission over IP networks using the latest H.264 technology to achieve the lowest network bandwidth, requiring minimal storage for video at high frame rates with superior image quality;
• Powered by Power over Ethernet, 12 VDC, or 24 VAC.
The 1 and 2 MP cameras on the H3 platform will begin shipping in June 2012. For more information on product availability contact a local sales representative at www.avigilon.com/sales/.
Avigilon (TSX: AVO) is defining the future of protection through innovative high-definition surveillance solutions. Delivering the world’s best image quality, our industry-leading HD network video management software and megapixel cameras are reinventing surveillance.
The performance and value leader in high definition and megapixel video surveillance systems, Avigilon was honored by Frost & Sullivan with the 2009 Best Practices Award as the HD Surveillance Company of the Year. Avigilon’s HD surveillance systems offer a breakthrough in imaging performance, which is required for the protection of the public, critical assets, and infrastructure. Avigilon’s exceptionally strong commitment to research and development ensures that it will continue to be the leader in supplying high definition surveillance systems on which demanding security professionals rely.
For further information please visit www.avigilon.com.