We are proud to announce the release of the Mirasys VMS 6.0 software.
The software provides numerous updates and enhancements, making it even more flexible to position in widely varying network infrastructures and hugely enhancing its remote manageability.
New and enhanced features include:
· Multi-streaming: Multi-streaming enables separate feeds from a single camera. The feature allows for separate streams to be used for recording and viewing, as well as an additional stream for remote streaming.
· Remote Workstation: The remote workstation functionality enables users to open an additional video stream from a camera with different image quality in comparison to the “prime” viewing stream.
· Multi-casting: Multi-casting enables a single stream to be opened and sent to multiple workstations and gateway applications simultaneously. When using multicast, the video stream for each video channel is sent to LAN only once.
· Edge Storage: The Edge storage functionality enables uninterrupted recording during network blackouts. In practice, in the case of network blackout, video feed is stored on a SD card on the camera. Once network connection has been re-established, video is transmitted from the camera’s SD card to the recorder.
· Watchdog enhancements: The Watchdog functionality has been improved to enable three new protocols: TCP, SMS (requires an external SMS module), and e-mail. Please see the Administrator's Guide for further information.
It is important to note that upgrading to Mirasys VMS 6.0 requires a new, 6.0-specific license. In a system with multiple recorders, the master server can be upgraded to 6.0 with slave servers using VMS 5.X software, but in these cases, the new features do not function on the 5.X recorders.
Please see the readme.txt file in the software package for a full list of the new features and bug fixes in Mirasys VMS 6.0.
The Mirasys VMS 6.0 full and minimum setup packages can be downloaded from the Extranet.
Please Note - Doktor Jon is currently upgrading his site, so you may see some layout changes on various pages, whilst the work is in progress.
Hopefully, the complete re-design and improvements, should be completed during 2012.
IMPORTANT: No material may be reproduced, copied or redistributed from this site, without the express written consent of doktorjon.co.uk
All the detailed information on this site is provided in good faith; and as such, Doktor Jon does not accept responsibility for any consequential loss, injury or disadvantage resulting from any individual or organisation acting on the details contained herein.
© doktorjon.co.uk 2004 - 2012