Welcome to the
CCTV cameras on the move
Weve already gone through in some detail, all the main key considerations for choosing / using a modern Pan and Tilt head. Now we can have a quick look back over the top 10 must know things about these motorised marvels?!!
1) - Always pick a PT head with at least 50% more weight carrying capacity than the load being supported; if you don't, the picture above may just provide a clue as to what may happen next!
2) - Carefully consider the location for the assembly. If necessary provide additional environmental protection.
3) - Safe practice techniques, in particular for the electrical and physical installation should be a priority.
4) - When using Infra Red illuminators, the Over the Top (OTT) unit may well be more suitable than the standard Side Mount (SM).
5) - If the camera housing is to be fitted with a wiper, unless it's aDeep Base type, the OTT head may not be able to look down vertically.
6) - If intending to operate a variable speed or preset positioning set up, make sure the control system can support these operations.
7) - Wherever possible, try and use a terminated flying control lead from the housing, which is then plugged into the P/T head.
8) - When particularly large and heavy Pan and Tilt heads are being installed, it may be worth stripping down some of the detachable weight.
9) - With any load fitted high above the centre of gravity on an OTT head, try and bolt counterbalance weights below the horizontal pivot.
10) - Always make sure that a seperate steel cable safety lanyard is fitted to a secondary bolt, in case the support fails in high winds.
IMPORTANT: No material may be reproduced, copied or redistributed from this site,
© doktorjon.co.uk 2004 - 2008